- Photo below arrived on June 28, 2013
- RECENT POSTS
Peg Murray, President of Greater Gwinnett Republican Women's club
What a great GA GOP Convention this weekend! Approximately 2,000 delegates and alternate delegates (plus guests) from all over the state met in Athens, GA to conduct party business and elect new state officers. There were numerous parties which gave everyone a chance to enjoy seeing old friends and meeting new ones. There was multitude of great speakers, including Alan West, Governor Deal, Karl Rove, Georgia's First Lady Sandra Deal, Lt. Governor Casey Cagle, Congressmen Gingrey, Broun, Kingston, Westmoreland, Price, Woodall, Scott and many more elected officials. Congratulations to GOP Chairman Sue Everhart and her staff for a fantastic weekend and a most productive six years of service to Georgia Republicans.
Classic Center - Athens, GA
Friday Evening- May 18
Above: Col. Allen West delivers a blockbuster speech which received endless applause from the eager Republican audience. What a GREAT president this man would make! He is a living testimony to what anyone can achieve in this country if they so desire and are willing to work for it. He was born and grew up in a poor section of Atlanta. His speech made it very plain that we must stand strong against liberalism taking over our country.
Allen West said in his closing comments at Friday night's Victory Dinner we must also have fun being a Republican. His closing line was "what's more fun than kicking some Democrat butt?
▪ GaPundit speaks with LTC Allen West just prior to his speech at the GA GOP Convention - read more
▪ Allen West Joins Fox News - May 19, 2013 Read more
▪ Read article in local On Line Athens. Remember this is written in a somewhat liberal publication ;- )
Above: GA GOP Legal Counsel Anne Lewis addresses the dinner audience and gives a very moving tribute to her friend and
colleague, Chairman Sue Everhart. Anne presents her gift to Sue -- Waterford crystal, Sue's favorite.
A few scenes around the room as attendees enjoy the delicious dinner, speeches and
1. Gilmer GOP Chairman Sally Forest with husband Phil on right with John and Margaret Williamson, part of Gilmer county delegation. 2. John Arb of Murray County 3. Reta Hamilton of Arkansas and RNC with GA GOP National Committeeman Randy Evans 4. Bruce Azevedo, 1st Vice Chairman of the 9th District on left with Republican friends. 5. Dawson County Chairman Linda Umberger and Harvey Chambers of Buford. 6. Harvey and Bettye Chambers from Hall county
(Buford) 7 - 8. Cobb county Republicans join Dawson County Republicans enjoying the great food, fellowship and speeches.
Friday Night Victory Celebration honoring Chairman Sue Everhart in the Atrium
Featuring the Grapevine Band
Great music - great dancing - great fun!
1. Reta Hamilton with Emma Hinesley enjoy the music 2. Joan Zellner and Peg Murray of Gwinnett county -- avid Sue supporters
3. Kathie Miller enjoys the party and chats with three Republican men 4. Billie Dendy of Cobb County and Ruby Robinson of
Brunswick with one of the many wonderful policemen. Athens police were everywhere giving attendees a sense of security.
Chairman's Report and Awards by Sue Everhart
Remarks by Governor Deal, RNC Co-Chairman Sharon Day, Congressman Artur Davis of Alabama, Karl Rove, Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, Secretary Brian Kemp, Attorney General Sam Olens, Commissioner Gary Black, Commissioner Ralph Hudgens, Congressman Phil Gingrey, Congressman Paul Broun, Congressman Jack Kingston, Congressman Lynn Westmoreland, Congressman Tom Price, Congressman Rob Woodall, Congressman Austin Scott
Above: Governor Deal is the first major speaker of the morning. At right are Convention Chairman Randy
Evans, Parliamentarian John White and Assistant Parliamentarian Margaret Holliman
Above and left:
Sue Everhart introduces
Sharon Day who brings
greetings from the RNC
Click on thumbnail
photos to enlarge
A grateful Sue Everhart asked her staff to come to the stage where she thanked each of them for
being the best team EVER. See below.
Left to right: Mika Kawana - Anna Ford - Karen Hentschel - Brian Keahl - Rick Richardson.
Above: Andrew Turnage presents his Credentials Committee and gives the committee report to the convention.
Scene from the Thursday afternoon State Committee Meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
A first for a GA GOP State Committee meeting. . .
The PA system was not working -- so our resourceful GOP staffers came up with a bull horn so everyone could hear Chairman Everhart. It worked!
There were many new members of the state committee attending this meeting. They were recently elected at the April District Conventions.
- Post-Convention Hangover - GaPundit for May 20, 2013
About those ditched resolutions at the state GOP convention
Jim Galloway – AJC - May 20, 2013 Be sure to read these resolutions!
- GA GOP Sets Course For Future – But With A Warning
May 20, 2013 10:00 am -- by Charlie -- Peach Pundit
- BJ Van Gundy: Super Republican
May 19, 2013 21:07 pm by - Peach Pundit
- News from the GA GOP convention by Jim Galloway of the AJC
- Four U.S. Senate hopefuls condemn immigration bill at Georgia GOP convention
by Christina A. Cassidy, Associated Press – from Marietta Daily Journal
So great to see Karen Handel at the convention. She has recently announced
that she will be running for U.S. Senate from Georgia. GO KAREN!
Web page by Bettye Chambers